Colorado Care Connections Program
The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing and CORHIO have partnered on the Colorado Care Connections Program to onboard providers to the health information exchange and reduce their financial burden. Your practice or hospital may be eligible to participate in this program that expands health information exchange in Colorado.
The program includes:
- CORHIO implementation fee waived ($5,000-$15,000 value) to join the CORHIO network and receive patient results from hospitals and labs across the state.
- Choose your products - use the funding for the products that work for your organization, including PatientCare 360®, which is our web-based portal for patient data, Results Delivery, which delivers patient results directly to your EHR, and Notifications, which are clinical data alerts based on your patient panel
- An incentive (up to $5,000) when your practice/hospital is successfully sending clinical documents, such as care summaries or CCDs, into the HIE within one year—see this overview for more information on CCDs
- Upgraded HIE capabilities for current CORHIO participants, including Clinical Document Exchange and Notifications
Time is limited to take advantage of this program. To learn more, call 720-285-3200 or email email@example.com.
Funding Available for Physician Practices and Clinics
The Colorado Care Connections Program, which offers funding for Colorado providers to join the health information exchange or increase their current participation, is now seeking eligible practices. If your organization has a referral relationship with a Promoting Interoperability-eligible provider or hospital, you are now eligible to receive this funding. Please contact CORHIO today at 720-285-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Why join the CORHIO Health Information Exchange?
- Patient data from all major health systems in Colorado, including Denver Health, UCHealth, Centura, Banner, HealthONE, SCL Health, Kaiser Permanente and Department of Defense — no need to call hospitals to request information or log onto a separate system (direct results delivery available)
- Laboratory and pathology results; radiology reports and images; hospital facesheets and admission, discharge and transfer information; transcription notes and medical histories for your new patients
- Care summaries from providers throughout the state/out of your network
- Opportunity to send your care summaries into the Health Information Exchange to improve patient care
Information Types Exchanged:
- Lab and pathology results
- Radiology reports
- Transcription notes (i.e., discharge summaries, H&Ps, operative reports and ED reports)
- ADT information
- Referral requests
- Consult reports
- Direct secure messaging
- Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs)
What our participants are saying:
“The biggest problem that I see in medicine is we duplicate things. So many times a test has been done, it’s even been resulted and the patient didn’t recall having the test or didn’t know what the test was or didn’t know the results and we duplicate it. And I’ve seen studies of just how much money we’re wasting reduplicating efforts that have already been made. And with CORHIO, I don’t have to redo the MRI.”
Dr. Jackie McCollum
Physician & Practice Owner
Primary Care Practice